|Click on image for a larger chart|
THE PARADE ROUTE:
- Start Time: 5:30 P.M. for Light Parade. Led by US Coast Guard Cutter.
- South end to north end of Shelter Island.
- North end Shelter Island across America's Cup Harbor entrance to west end Harbor Island
- West end Harbor Island to east end of Harbor Island.
- East end Harbor Island to just west of Maritime Museum's ferry Berkeley.
- Pass Berkeley and Star of India.
- Parallel the Embarcadero to the "G" St. Mole.
- Pass Seaport Village and the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina.
- Past Marina Park, turn south. Cross Bay to the Marriott Coronado Hotel.
- Proceed west to the Coronado Ferry Landing.
- Proceed to Finish at buoy 22a.
For boaters wishing to view the parade, a good viewing area is where the parade route turns for Coronado, near the 10th Street Terminal. For those viewing on land, the north and south ends of the Embarcadero as well as the pathway along Coronado are good spots as they tend to be less crowed.
If you plan on viewing the parade from Harbor Island, get there early and be aware that parking is at a premium. Another good spot is the park behind Seaport Village.
Approximate Times at Locations Around the Bay
The parade takes approximately one hour to one and a half hours to pass any given point along the parade route. The approximate arrival time of the parade at various locations are:
- Shelter Island (start of parade) - 5:30pm
- Harbor Island - 6pm
- The Embarcadero - 6:30pm
- Seaport Village - 7pm
- Ferry Landing on Coronado - 7:30pm
Copyright © 1999-2011 San Diego Bay Parade of Lights, A Public Benefit Corporation
All Rights Reserved